St. Charles CUSD 303 District Administration will propose a plan to the Board of Education (BoE) that will improve the District’s middle school facilities by upgrading Thompson and Wredling Middle Schools. If approved by the Board, the plan would modernize and expand Thompson and Wredling Middle Schools. When the improvements are completed in fall 2019, District Administration estimates the closing of Haines Middle School will result in an operational savings of $2.4 million per year. The estimated cost of the middle school improvements is $50 million and would be paid for through a combination of existing funds and the issue of bonds that do not require a referendum.
Details of the District Administration plan will be presented to the public at the following meetings:
· Thursday, October 20th, at Haines Middle School, at
· Monday, October 24th, at Wredling Middle School, at
· Tuesday, October 25th, at Thompson Middle School, at
The three meetings will contain the same content and can be attended by anyone in the community who wishes to attend at their convenience.
The Board of Education (BoE) will consider the middle school plan at the following meetings:
· Thursday, November 3rd, at the Board of Education (BoE) Special Meeting, time TBA
· Monday, November 14th, at the Board of Education (BoE) Regular Meeting, at , at North High School
All meetings unless otherwise noted are to be held in the Board Room of the District 303 Administration Building, 201 South 7th St., St. Charles IL 60174.
Elementary School Student Handbook